Sunday, March 29, 2015

Ulta Haul

Hey Everyone! Thanks for checking out my first blog post! So yesterday I went to Ulta and picked up some new things for spring. With the sunshine and warmer weather coming, I was really wanting some bright lipsticks and eyeliners as well. Ulta was having a BOGO 50% sale on NYX Cosmetics, I definitely took advantage of that. Please keep reading if you'd like to see what I picked up!
Let's start with the lip products from NYX. I purchased 3 of their Matte Lipsticks. I picked them up in MLS31 Daydream; MLS03 Hippie Chic; and MLS02 Shocking Pink.

 

  



I am definitely a matte girl all the way! Simply because I'm the girl to get my hair all up in my gloss and that's just NOT a cute look! The swatches from top to bottom are Daydream; Hippie Chic; and Shocking Pink. I love Daydream way more than I thought I would. The top 2 are coming off a little more frosty on camera than in person. NYX Matte Lipsticks are definitely the best for the price! If I am looking for a new matte shade, this is my go-to brand. They are extremely long-wearing and non-drying!


I also picked up 2 of the "Slide on, Glide on, Stay on (& definitely a turn on, waterproof extreme shine eye liner (this eye liner is so good, the name had to be this long!) eye liners from NYX. And yes that is the ENTIRE name of them! I got them in SL14 Sunrise Blue and SL10 Purple Blaze. I am SO excited to use these! Definitely on my lower water line and I'm curious to see if they will work as a base for coordinating shadows as well. I also picked up their Jumbo Eye Pencil in 604 Milk; this also can be used as an eyeshadow base & on your water line. All 3 are very creamy & EXTREMELY pigmented. For some reason the blue & purple were swatching/photographing horribly!!! 


I also picked up a NYX color mascara in CM07 Forget Me not! That is the swatch above, YYYYAAAAAASSSSSS!!!! I can't wait to pair it with the purple eyeliner.

I also picked up some things from the brand Essence. They are super inexpensive and their lip liners are so creamy and long wearing! I picked up a lipstick in shade 01 Coral Calling and 2 lip liners in 08 Red Blush & 12 Wish Me A Rose. I love wearing their liners all over the lips underneath something or by themselves.




I picked up a few face products as well. I am in love with L'oreal True Match Foundation! I picked this up in the shade w4 Natural Beige. This is a warm shade. I am not a fan of the dewy look so finding a matte foundation is the key to life for me! You always want to match your foundation to your neck so you don't look like you're wearing a mask, but of course blend that sh*t out girl!!! It personally gives me the best medium to full coverage with the most natural finish! I typically apply this with my BH Cosmetics flat blending face brush that comes in their Sculpt & Blend Set, also highly recommend if you're looking for a good quality brush set for a drugstore price. I also had a coupon for Ulta Cosmetics so I picked up their Makeup Setting Spray.


 

















And lastly......LASHES!!!! These babies were also BOGO 50% off so I obviously grabbed 2 twin packs. I grabbed the Ardell twin pack in 105 & the Andrea two-of-a-kind in 33. Both so beautiful and dramatic!

Hope you guys enjoyed! Please leave any comments & suggestions below!

Post a Comment