Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Review: BH Cosmetics Beauty Sponge

Hey Everyone! Recently BH Cosmetics came out with their own version of the beauty blender. When I saw it, I was so excited try it that I purchased it right away. Being a HUGE supporter of BH Cosmetics, I had high hopes for this product...
I  prefer using beauty sponges such as these, damp. So the first thing I did was run it under warm water until it began to expand in size. Then you want to squeeze out the excess water.

      

I then dotted my face with my L'oreal True Match foundation in the shade W4. When I try out a new product, I always do my simple everyday face routine to test if I will really like something or not. I applied the same amount of product that I typically do as when I apply my foundation using my BH Cosmetics flat foundation brush. I began pouncing the sponge all over my face in attempt to spread and blend my foundation.

This is when my opinion began to form about this new product. It absorbed most of my foundation instead of helping to apply it. It made my foundation excessively cling to dry patches and it was a very uneven application. I ended up having to apply a second layer of foundation to my entire face and blend it out with my usual BH brush. I have never had to apply a second layer before, even when wanting a full coverage, so I immediately was turned off by this.
I then went onto to apply more normal highlight/contour routine. As you can see, it is not blended well at all. My highlight & contour product stuck instantly to where I put them and they were extremely hard to blend out. This picture was taken after 15 minutes of just blending, not adding any additional product, with a BH duo fiber stippling brush, (which I do HIGHLY recommend)!

As you can see from the 2 pictures above, it was extremely un-blended, cake face and everything had settled into my fine lines, which has never been an issue for me before. Unfortunately, I would not recommend this product to any looking for a new beauty sponge. However, I do HIGHLY recommend the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. In my opinion, it is a dupe for the beauty blender. I use it everyday to blend my under eye concealer, highlight, & contour.
As always, if anyone has any suggestions for using the BH Cosmetics Beauty Sponge, please leave a comment below & don't forget to subscribe!! Talk to you soon!

 

Post a Comment