Monday, April 6, 2015

Pink & Purple Smokey Eye

Hello my lovelys!! So before we get into tonight's posts I just want to disclose that I had EVERY intention of taking waaayyyy more pictures during this blog so I could really capture every step-by-step in detail.

But you see what had happened was....I get to see this girl like once every 4-6 weeks, so there was quite a bit of red wine involved, that can sometimes make me forgetful! I did my best to describe in words what I did, but please feel free to ask me any questions in the comments section below! Let's get started....

My model for this was my beautiful soul of a friend, Emma. She is completely bare face, except for tape on the outside corners of her eyes. I always like to start with the eyes when I am using darker colors so I don't have to fight fallout afterward. The tape also keeps darker colors more precise.
I started using the shades Naked & Buck from the Naked palette as transition colors, concentrating in her crease & Strange from the Naked 3 palette as a brow bone highlight.  I then used this dark purple shade from this Avon Quad to build color in her outer "V". This quad is years old, so any dark shimmer purple will do here.  I then packed Buzz from the Naked 3 palette all over her lid, concentrating on the inner corner and middle part of her lid. From the same palette, I used Blackheart on top of the Avon Quad, blending it into the crease and into the middle part of her lid. I also used this color to smoke out her lower lash line as well. I gave her a simple winged eye liner using NYX Gel liner in Black. I applied Ardell Wispies with L'Oreal telescopic mascara to finish off her eyes & filled in her brows with the brow trio by Ulta in the shade Medium.
Moving onto face, I applied L'Oreal True Match in the shade N5 where I wanted to contour and the shade W4 in the areas where I wanted to highlight. She just came back from Costa Rica, so she was extremely tan! Let's try not to hate her!! To set the contour on her cheekbones and forehead I used L'Oreal True Match powered in the shade C8 cocoa. To set her highlight I used the top middle shade in the BH Cosmetics 6 Color Contour & Blush palette. From the same palette, I used the bottom right blush color on the apples of her cheeks and back to the top of her ears.
 

To finish off the look, I lined her lips with Essence lip liner in Satin Mauve & NYX soft matte lip cream in Milan.

This is the finished product! Again I am so sorry for the lack of pictures in the post you guys, but check back later this week; I've got 2 more looks planned for you guys! As always, please leave comments/suggestions/love in the comment box below & don't forget to subscribe!!! Muah!

Post a Comment