Thursday, October 1, 2015

Product Review: Carli Bybel Eyeshadow & Highlighter Palette by BH Cosmetics

If you watch beauty videos on YouTube, then you know who Carli Bybel is. Or at least you should if you don't! She is an extremely talented, self-taught makeup artist out of New Jersey.

About a month ago, she announced her collaboration with BH Cosmetics, who I also have an affiliation with. I was so excited for this to come out because I know the level of standards that both BH Cosmetics & Carli Bybel had, that I knew this palette would not disappoint.

I literally sat at my computer the morning it launched and counted down the seconds & it's a good things I did because the thing sold out in a matter of hours! Then the pre-order sale sold out! The first order didn't even ship until 2 1/2 weeks after it launched.

I can't even begin to tell you the amount of pumped I was when it finally came in the mail! 


This palette featured 14 different eye shadows with a mix of mattes & shimmers & 4 larger size highlighters. All of these shadows & highlighters are extremely versatile & work with many different skin tones.

EYE SHADOW SWATCHES


They go from top to bottom on my arm & coordinate from left to right, top row to bottom row.


These shadows are VERY pigmented, very soft, & very easy to blend, as most BH shadows are.


One thing I was very surprised about was that the mattes were very hard to swatch! They were very chalky & needed to be built up very heavily, but this was NOT the case on my eyes! I'm not sure if it was my body lotion or something, but the color payoff was easier to achieve on my eyes.





 


HIGHLIGHTER SWATCHES



So these are the 4 highlighters swatches dry from top to bottom.


As you can see, these shades go from very light to gold-pinkish to a very deep bronze; so they are very versatile!


The pigmentation is crazy & they definitely catch the light!



















Now these are the 4 highlighters swatches with a brush that has been dampened with a dewy finish setting spray (by NYX).


As you can see, it definitely intensifies the color payoff, especially in the lighter shades.


Personally, this is almost always how I apply my highlight since I like a really intense & dramatic look.












Now, if you can look past my HORRENDOUS brows (I had to film this look in the morning & I couldn't get my brows done until 7 that night! Trust, they look where better now!), here is a look I came up with using this palette!
 
I used the the 3rd color in the 1st row as my transition shade. Then the 2nd shade in the 2nd row all over my lid; the 4th color in the 1st row in the inner corner and middle crease; & the last color in the first row in my outer crease and outer v.
  
Overall, I DEFINITELY recommend this palette to everyone! All of the shades are absolutely beautiful & easy to work with.
 And for under $20, you can beat that for 14 eye shadows & 4 highlighters.
 
Go to the main page & find the BH Cosmetics ad on the right to score this amazing palette in their next shipment!
 
 As always, thank you lovelys for checking out my page.
Leave comments/Suggestions/Love down below! XoXo

Post a Comment