Thursday, April 16, 2015

How To: Make Your Drugstore Foundation Last 14 Hours!

Hello Beautifuls! So we all go through phases with our skin. Some days are makeup is ON POINT all day long, others it looks like we've rolled our face in a bag of Doritos by 2 pm, some days are matte, some days turn out as if dewey wasn't even an option. This week, I just could not stay matte to save my life. So I started playing around with different application methods, seeing if I could find a way to make my foundation last all day with minimal touch-ups. Here is what I found worked for me!

What you'll need :
1. Neutrogena Shine Control Primer
2. L'Oreal True Match Foundation in W4 (use the
    shade that matches your neck)
3. Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder
4. Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
5. E.L.F. Foundation Brush

Steps: Applied at 7:30 A.M.
1. You want to start by prepping your face with your primer, concentrating it on your most oily areas. For most people this is the T-zone, which include your forehead, nose, chin, & areas circling your mouth. Make sure the entire area is covered and the primer is well absorbed.
2. Next, pour the foundation onto the back of your hand. It's always a good idea to pour too little instead of too much. Then, take your foundation brush and begin painting the product all over face & down your neck. Don't worry if it seems like to much product , the beauty blender will absorb the excess.
3. Now take your damp beauty blender and using the flat angled side, begin to pounce the foundation into your skin. Pouncing it will ensure the most even & flawless coverage. Whatever you do, don't drag!
4. Here is where I like to apply my highlight & contour since I use liquid for both, but if you like to use powders, skip to step 5. 
This step really isn't contingent on making your foundation last, but I figured I'd show you where/how I apply it anyway! I use a small stippling brush by E.L.F. to blend out my contour along my forehead & my cheekbones. I apply my concealer under my eyes in a triangle, down the bridge of my nose, on my cupids bow, on my chin, and in the middle of my forehead. Using my ring finger, I tap all of this out then go back to the beauty blender and pounce it into my skin using the pointy side.

 Here is a halfway shot!










5. You want to set everything ASAP! Again, you want to tap the setting powder onto your skin to help ensure nothing budges. I like to use the E.L.F small blush brush for this. Now you can choose to use a setting spray if you'd like. I usually will do this if I know I'm going to be outside.

Time now : 9 P.M.!!! So today I only had to blot my T-zone twice. I also forget my setting powder at home so I didn't even have the option to powder. These pictures do not have a filter and the only light was the flash on the camera!


Thank you all again for checking out my blog!
Please leave any suggestions, comments, love below!
Don't forget to subscribe & follow me on Instagram!!

Post a Comment